Thursday, July 26, 2007

His hair notwithstanding, he was a good dude.

shep. and I spent a lot of time making fun of Skip Prosser's hair, but the fact of the matter was, he was a class act, a great coach, and a genuinely good guy. When I was in middle school -- many, many years ago -- I spent a season paying five bucks a game to watch a very young Skip Prosser coach Loyola (MD), and he was a joy to watch then, too. Someone who genuinely cared about his players, the fans, and the game.

It causes me great sadness to report that Prosser died this afternoon after suffering a heart attack while jogging. shep. and I want to extend our condolences to Prosser's family, the members of the basketball program and athletic department of Wake Forest University, and the Wake faithful; college basketball lost one of the good ones today. RIP, Skip.

No comments: